ecancerpatient Terms and Conditions
ecancerpatient is published by Cancer Intelligence Limited, a private limited company, incorporated in the United Kingdom, company registration number 4595666. The registered office is situated at 53 High St, Keynsham, BS311DS, Avon.
Cancer Intelligence is an independent publisher.
Use of the ecancerpatient website
Please read the ecancerpatient terms and conditions below regarding general use of the website. In using this website, you are agreeing to these terms and conditions. Any updates or changes to the ecancer terms and conditions will be posted on the website.
Use of the data that you provide us, or which is collected by use on this website, is governed by our Privacy Statement.
Access to ecancerpatient
We try to ensure that availability to ecancerpatient is uninterrupted and that all transmissions will be error-free. However, we cannot, due to the nature of the internet, guarantee that your access on occasion will not be restricted. This may occur to allow for repairs, maintenance and new services to the website. We of course try to limit the frequency and duration of any suspension or restriction. Access to all areas of the ecancer website is free of charge.
Usernames and Passwords
When registering with ecancerpatient you will be provided with a username and password in order to access your personal account. Please do not share this information with any other individuals. If you lose or forget your username or password visit our password reminder page.
Intellectual property rights
The content, layout, design, data and graphics on this website are protected by UK and other international copyright laws. Other than downloading a small proportion of content, strictly for your personal non-commercial use, or where this amounts to "fair dealing" no part of the website may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system or transmitted, in any form or by any means (electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording and/or otherwise) without our prior written consent. Any authorised uses of content, must include the customary bibliographic citation including the URL www.ecancerpatient.org and must include the copyright notices.
ecancerpatient.org contains links to our supporting founder institutes and other 3rd party websites which will take you outside www.ecancerpatient.org. We are not responsible for the quality of resources to be found on any website outside the ecancerpatient website.
Although every reasonable effort is made to ensure that files are free of defects, there are no guarantees that they are free from defects, such as computer viruses. Therefore, no warranty or guarantee is given by ecancerpatient, regarding files downloaded or accessed.
The information contained on ecancerpatient is intended for patients and their friends and family, and is provided on an "as is" basis without warranty of any kind, express or implied.
We rely on our interviewees to confirm the accuracy of the information published by ecancerpatient, and to describe generally accepted practices, and therefore we as the publisher, and our editors, cannot warrant its accuracy. Readers should be aware that professionals in the field may have different opinions. Because of this fact and also because of regular advances in medical research, we strongly recommend that readers independently verify any information they chose to rely on. Ultimately it is the readers' responsibility to make their own judgements.
Comments posted on the ecancerpatient website and any other parts of the site are those of individuals posting them and not the views of Cancer Intelligence Ltd.
Visitors to the ecancerpatient website must not use the website in any way that may cause or is likely to cause access to the website to be interrupted, or impaired in any way. Users of the website are solely responsible for all electronic communications and contents sent from your computer to us. You must use the website for lawful purposes only. You must not use the website for any of the following:
- Fraudulent purposes in connection with a criminal offence or otherwise unlawful activity.
- To send, use or re-use any material that is illegal, offensive, or obscene; or in breach of copyright, trademark, confidence, privacy or any other right; or is otherwise injurious to third parties; or objectionable; or which consists of or contains software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any spam.
- To cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
In posting a comment on ecancerpatient, your contributions must be;
- must be civil and tasteful
- No disruptive, offensive or abusive behaviour: contributions must be constructive and polite, not mean-spirited or contributed with the intention of causing trouble.
- No unlawful or objectionable content: unlawful, harassing, defamatory, abusive, threatening, harmful, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, racially offensive or otherwise objectionable material is not acceptable.
- If you use multiple logins for the purpose of disrupting the community or annoying other users you may have action taken against your accounts.
- No advertising
- No impersonation
- No inappropriate (e.g. vulgar, offensive etc) user names
- Deliberate misuse of the comments facility is not permitted. If you persist in doing this action may be taken against your account.
We advise that you never reveal any personal information about yourself or anyone else (for example: telephone number, home address or email address), and please do not include postal addresses of any kind. If you have a helpful address to share, inform the host of the relevant community area using the Contact us link, and they will promote it if they see fit.
About the law
- You may not submit any defamatory or illegal material of any nature on ecancerpatient. This includes text, graphics, video, programs or audio.
- Contributing material with the intention of committing or promoting an illegal act is strictly prohibited.
- You agree to only submit materials which are your own original work. You must not violate, plagiarise, or infringe the rights of third parties including copyright, trade mark, trade secrets, privacy, and publicity, personal or proprietary rights.
- The views expressed on ecancerpatient are those of visitors to the website and are not necessarily those of the ecancerpatient.
If you fail to abide by these rules when commenting on ecancerpatient you will be sent an e-mail which informs you why your contribution has been failed or edited. This mail will also include a warning that continuing to break the rules may result in action being taken against your account or accounts.
This action may include your relevant account or accounts being placed into pre-moderation or a temporary or permanent suspension of your ability to participate in any areas of ecancerpatient.
ecancerpatient reserves the right to delete any contribution, or take action against any account, at any time, for any reason.
These terms and conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales, whose courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
Date of document: 8th October 2012